Last updated September 26, 2023
Para's Roles and Responsibilities
If you are an employee, officer, or other agent of the Client, our use of your Personal Information may be governed by Para’s agreement with the Client.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available through government records or information that has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers: we may collect your full name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other unique online identifiers;
- Internet Activity: we may collect your IP address and information on your interactions with the Website;
- Message Content: when you send messages via the Services, we will collect any information or content included in those messages;
- Commercial Information: Para products or services purchased or considered;
- Geolocation Information: imprecise geolocation information, like the city, state, and zip code associated with your IP address;
- Data That You Create: we may collect the content of your blog posts, feedback, comments, photos, videos, messages, social media, and uploaded audio files;
- Other Information: we will collect basic contact information and any other information you provide in connection with activities such as participating in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey.
Sources of Personal Information
Information You Provide. We collect information you provide directly to us when you use the Services or otherwise communicate with us, for example, when you contact us with questions or for customer service through our web forms, email, or over the phone; when you participate in a survey; or when you purchase products and submit orders.
Personal Information We Automatically Collect. Like most online services, we may automatically receive and store certain Personal Information about you through your browser or device. As discussed further below, we and our service providers may use a variety of technologies, including cookies, to assist in collecting this information.
- Device Information. We collect technical information associated with the device(s) you use to access our Services, including information related to your browser and operating system, IP address, unique device identifiers, and other information such as your device type.
- Usage Information. We collect a variety of information to better understand the use of our Services. This may include the webpage that you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services you use, how much time you spend there, the date and time of use, and information about your usage preferences.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We, or our service providers, use your Personal Information for various business and operational purposes:
- Administer your account, including verifying your information and collecting payments;
- Provide, manage, support, and improve our Services;
- Respond to your requests for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service;
- Conduct internal business operations in support of our Services, such as auditing, detecting security incidents, and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, resolving crashes, invoicing and accounting, sales and marketing, analytics, and research and development;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including contracts between you and us;
- Contact you regarding Para and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events, and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- Customize content, preferences, and advertising on the Services, across the Internet, and elsewhere;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other legal processes and procedures;
- Cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, public safety, or matters of public importance when we are legally required to do so or believe that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate to protect the public interest;
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; and
- For any other purpose in which you authorize or instruct us to use your Personal Information.
Online Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Analytics. We may use third-party analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through Cookies; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you.
Interest-Based Advertising. When you use the Services, Para may use the information collected from you in order to display advertising to you on other websites, such as Facebook or Google, about products, services, and related features that we think may be of interest to you to improve and personalize your use of the Services. This type of advertising is called retargeting. These ads may be personalized based on information that we collect about you. This advertising may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be tailored to your interests.
For more information on how you can control your analytics and interest-based advertising preferences, please see the “Your Consumer Data Choices” section below.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising even if you opt out as described above. In that case, the advertising will just not be based on your interests.
Notice Concerning Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we have not yet developed a response to browser DNT signals and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to DNT signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to us, such as analytics, payments processing, website management, information technology, security, and other similar services.
- Marketing Partners. We may share Personal Information with third parties to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions, and offers to you, on our behalf, on and off the Website. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt-out at a later date. To learn how to opt out of targeted ads and other marketing from us, see the below section titled “Your Consumer Data Choices.”
- State, Federal, and International Courts and Regulatory and Government Authorities. We may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable law and legal processes; (ii) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iii) enforce our contracts; (iv) protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (v) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Professional Advisors. We may share Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to us.
- Other Third Parties as Authorized by You. We may also share or disclose your Personal Information as you direct us and with your explicit consent.
Protection of Personal Information
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures that are designed to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. These measures are commensurate with the sensitivity of the information that we maintain about you, but no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to comply with applicable legal obligations. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to resolve disputes, protect Para and our users, and enforce our agreements; and then delete it.
Third-Party Links and Social Media
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without legally valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
Your Consumer Data Choices
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we Process your Personal Information.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising. If you are interested in more information about interest-based advertising and how you can generally control cookies and other tracking technologies from being put on your device to deliver such advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Consumer Opt-Out link, or TrustArc’s Advertising Choices page. To opt out of the display of interest-based advertising from Google, please visit the Google Ads Settings page. Facebook also offers settings that may control what information Facebook uses about you or your device activity for advertising purposes. These settings can be modified through your Facebook account.
Marketing Communications. You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding products, services, and promotions that might appeal to your interests by contacting us using the methods in the “Contact Us” section below.
You can opt out of receiving further promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive from us or by contacting us directly at the email address listed below.
Shine The Light
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your personal information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed, by contacting us per the “Contact Us” section below.
Information for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident and you have purchased products from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
Information for International Users
Our Services are solely intended for use by individuals located within the United States. Personal Information collected in connection with the use and operation of our Services is stored and processed in the United States. If you access or use our Services or otherwise engage with us from outside the United States, you acknowledge that we may transfer your Personal Information outside of such country to the United States. Please note, the United States has not been assessed as having adequate privacy laws by some countries and economic regions.